How do I pay my taxes?

New this year - Full payment and first installment payments must be paid to the City of De Pere!  The Brown County Treasurer will no longer accept these payments.  

By mail: City of De Pere Tax Collection, 335 S. Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115
VPS Convenience Fees: E-check $1.25, Personal Visa Debit Cards $3.95, and Credit Cards/Other Debit Cards 2.55%
In person: De Pere Clerk's Office, City Hall (Mon - Thurs 7:30AM - 5:00PM; Fri 7:30AM - 11:30AM, except holidays*)
Drop box: Secure, built-in drop box marked by signage on Merrill St side of City Hall

* Wed Dec 22: 7:30AM - 1:30PM
* Thu Dec 23: CLOSED 
* Fri Dec 24: CLOSED
* Thu Dec 30: 7:30AM - 5:00PM
* Fri Dec 31: 7:30AM - 5:00PM

How can I get a copy of my tax bill or receipt?

Click here to search your property and view/print your bill or receipt. (COMING SOON)

Financial assistance for property taxes

There are several types of tax credits for which property owners may qualify.  Click here to visit the Department of Revenue's website for more information.

The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development authority (WHEDA) provides property tax deferral loans for the elderly.  Call 1-800-755-7835 for details.

What is an assessment?

An assessment is the value the assessor places on your property.  This value determines what portion of the property tax levy (state, county, school district, and NWTC) is covered by your property.

Click here for helpful information on understanding your assessment, or here to watch a brief video created by the City's assessor.

In 2018 the City of De Pere decided to adopt a Full Value Assessment process, which means that the assessor reviews all property within the City and modifies each to its current fair market value each year.  An annual revaluation ensures equity among all property types while bringing assessed property values in line with market rates, as required by State law.

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue has also posted helpful responses to frequently asked questions

How will an assessment affect my taxes?

Assessors don't set tax rates.  There are no additional taxes collected by the City because of a revaluation.  A change in your assessed value does not directly correlate to a change in your property taxes.  The revaluation does not change the amount of tax that needs to be collected by the city, county, school district, or technical college.

What do I do if I have questions?

Contact Accurate Appraisal at 1-800-770-3927, or via e-mail at

Attend Open Book, which is a conference - either face-to-face or over the phone - with an assessor to discuss the value of your property.  You have until 48 hours before Board of Review to contact the assessor about your new value.  Once the dates are set for 2021 Open Book, you can set an appointment with the assessor here.

2021 Open Book

Via Telephone        Wednesday, March 31st from 9 AM - 3 PM

                            Thursday, April 1st from 12 Noon - 7 PM

In Person               Thursday, April 1st from 1 PM - 3 PM

What do I do if I’m still not satisfied?

If, after meeting with the assessor, you still disagree with your assessment, you may appeal it to the Board of Review.  This five-member board is comprised of citizens appointed by the Mayor.  The Board of Review functions like a court, and is required to evaluate evidence based on facts.  You or your representative must provide factual evidence that your property is inequitably assessed.  The burden of proof is solely on the taxpayer.  The assessor's value is deemed correct by State law until proven otherwise. 

2021 Board of Review

Thursday, May 6th from 10 AM - 12 Noon

You must schedule your appearance at Board of Review with the City Clerk’s office by calling 339-4050, or e-mailing

You must also file a Formal Objection Application Form with our office.