Mayoral lineage and history for De Pere, Wisconsin

Between 1837 and 1854, De Pere was the County Seat of Brown County. The county courthouse was located on the northeast corner of George and Wisconsin Streets and eventually burned down in 1871.  In March 1857, the Village of De Pere was incorporated. The Village of West De Pere was incorporated in 1870. In 1883, the State Legislature passed an act incorporating the City of De Pere, comprising what is now the First and Second Wards, and also an act to incorporate the City of Nicolet (formerly the Village of West De Pere), what is now the Third and Fourth Wards. In 1887, the legislature, upon petition, changed the name of Nicolet to West De Pere. In 1889 the electors of the two cities voted to consolidate and in 1890 the two cities were officially merged by the legislature.

1857-1869: Village of De Pere Presidents
  • 1857-1858: Randall Wilcox
  • 1859-1860: A.B. Williams
  • 1861: Randall Wilcox
  • 1862: D. Jordan
  • 1863-1864: Randall Wilcox
  • 1865: J.G. Lawton
  • 1866-1868: G.S. Marsh
  • 1869: D. Jordan
1870-1882: Villages of De Pere and West De Pere Presidents

De Pere

  • 1870: J.W. Childs
  • 1871-1872: G.S. Marsh
  • 1873-1875: E.C. Merrill
  • 1876: E.W. Arndt
  • 1877: J.W. Childs
  • 1878: M.H. Fisk
  • 1879: E.C. Clark
  • 1880: W. Armstrong
  • 1881-1882: G.S. Marsh

West De Pere

  • 1870-1875: A. Reid
  • 1876-1872: William Workman
1883-1889: City of De Pere and City of Nicolet Mayors

De Pere

  • 1883-1885: M.H. Fisk
  • 1886-1887: John Smith
  • 1888-1889: J.S. Dunham

Nicolet

  • 1883: C.A. Williams
  • 1884: M.P. Persons
  • 1885: L.D. Hurd
  • 1886: M.A. Bingham
  • 1887-1888: William Workman
  • 1889: R.A. Meiswinkel
1890-present: Unified City of De Pere
  • 1890-1891: M.P. Persons
  • 1892-1893: A.C. Mailer
  • 1894-1895: J.P. Dousman
  • 1896-1897: W.M. Workman
  • 1898-1899: R.J. McGeehan
  • 1900-1901: John S. Gittens
  • 1902-1903: John Kuypers
  • 1903-1904: John Cook
  • 1908-1911: D.C. Jones
  • 1912-1915: John Steckart Jr.
  • 1916-1919: C.G. Wilcox
  • 1920-1923: W.E. Kidney
  • 1924-1925: J.B. Brokeman
  • 1926-1931: O.M. Kiley
  • 1931 (acting): William Klaus
  • 1932-1939: Rudolph Rupier
  • 1940-1941: August H. Voelker
  • 1942-1943: E.A. Seymour
  • 1944-1947: August H. Voelker
  • 1948-1955: E.A. Seymour
  • 1956-1961: Von J. Maes
  • 1962-1965: William Gross
  • 1966-1969: John C. Growt
  • 1970-1971: Roger H.Rebman
  • 1972-1973: Donald J. Hanaway
  • 1974-1977: Robert P. DeGroot
  • 1978-1979: Louis P. Leiberg
  • 1980-1983: Richard A. Switzer
  • 1984-1985: John Nusbaum
  • 1986-1987: Robert P. DeGroot
  • 1988-1995: Nancy J. Nusbaum
  • 1995 (interim): Victor F. DeCleene
  • 1996-2019: Michael J. Walsh
  • 2020-present: James G. Boyd